Sunday, April 12, 2009

Squaw Creek April 8

A lovely place to spend a vacation day.

I did have a very short scary moment. Just after turning up to the northern marsh area, turned off the car to take pictures and when I tried to start it again, NOTHING. After recovering from the initial panic moment, I remember that DH said my car battery clamps are just a bit loose. I checked and they were VERY loose again. (I have a very shaky car!). I was able to turn them enough to get contact with the battery and all was well. Car started right up. *whew*.

My favorite pics from the day.



The blue of the bluebirds was just glowing. Just beautiful!
TURKEYS!!
Check out these guys with their tails on display!
Very impressive!
Kingfisher
Sparrow (song?)
Bufflehead
Hooded Merganser couple
Sparrow (savannah?)
Yes, it's a cowbird. I think they're pretty.
Bald eagle pics, including the nest.
No baby pictures.


Norther Flicker. He was determined to stay in the shade.
Someday I will get a good picture of a flicker.
Greater Yellowlegs.
Great Egrets
Pelican
Pelicans overhead

No comments: